Scinic All-in-One Aqua Ampoule Review

 
Scinic Aqua All-in-One Ampoule
 
I have to start off with a disclaimer - this product wasn't on my wish-list or radar at all. It was actually the Scinic Honey ampoule that I really want to get my hands on. But when I saw this in T.K Maxx a few months ago, I had to snap it up nevertheless!
 
Such a huge tub of product! (250ml)
I initially intended to use this as a hydrating product but it has so many more uses.
I admit to being rather sceptical about multi-purpose products - I find that although they are intended for multi-uses they can often not deliver on any of their claims and I'm often left disappointed.
 
Not so with this Aqua all-in-one ampoule.
It's main claims are for hydrating, brightening, and addressing fine lines and wrinkles. It's all-in-one uses are as a toner, a moisturiser, an essence or a booster. However, I'd actually add a few more uses for it - as detailed later in this post.
 
Ingredients
Water, sea water, glycerin, glycereth-26, butylene glycol, niacinamide, adenosine, glacier water, zea mays (corn) starch, microcystalline cellulose, mannitol, sucrose, CI 77007, tocopheryl acetate, hydrolyzed collagen, laminaria japonica extract, codium fragile extract, gelidium cartilagineum extract, undaria pinnatifida extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, centella asiatica extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) seed extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed extract, nelumbo nucifera seed extract, panax ginseng seed extract, punica granatum seed extract, borago officinalis seed oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, macadamia integrifolia seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, brassica campestris (rapeseed) seed oil, decylene glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, totarol, sclerotium gum, betaine, allantoin, sodium hyaluronate, carbomer, PPG-26-buteth-26, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, CI 42090
 
Just look at all of these gorgeous ingredients! We're not just talking water here - but no less than Alaskan glacial water - who knows what difference that makes but it certainly makes it sound more refreshing and hydrating than 'ordinary' aqua! Also of note are my favourite niacinamide and adenosine which are fantastic brightening agents. Lots of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Centella Asiatica, Allantoin, Hamamelis, and Camellia sinensis.
 
 
Scent and texture
 
With all those gorgeous botanics in the ingredients, there's bound to be a nice scent - however to me, the scent is hard to pinpoint - it smells fresh and although water obviously has no scent, the scent of this ampoule is how I'd imagine it would smell standing in an Alaskan glacier!
The texture is perfection - runny and slightly viscous without being sticky. It sinks into your skin instantly. Those tiny little blue specks also disintegrate when rubbed in and they just feel like an extra burst of fresh hydration.
If you can notice from the photograph - now that it's getting colder in my bathroom, the aqua ampoule has taken on a slightly more jelly-like texture. This doesn't affect its efficacy at all, if anything, the colder it is, the more refreshing it is.
 
 
 
Application
 
I use this in the toner step of my routine - that is, after cleansing and a clarifying, astringent or acid toner. I apply a small amount (using my mini ice cream spoon to get the product out of the tub) and enjoy the intensely refreshing and hydrating feeling as it quickly sinks into my skin.
If you are in a rush, this would totally suffice as one product to cover the toning and serum stages, but for me personally, it's not moisturising enough for me not to add a moisturiser afterwards. However, I would use this and follow it with my Ordinary Niacinamide (even though this does have niacinamide in the ingredients).
It's definitely an all-year-round product - hydrating, soothing and cooling in the summer and very hydrating in the winter when your skin may be feeling a little drier and tender.
 
Here's where I feel that the Scinic Aqua Ampoule is a multi-purpose product.
Due to it's extreme cooling and soothing properties, this is great as an after sun lotion. It would also be ideal as a body lotion as there is no stickiness or tackiness. I'm thinking it would be perfect as a post gym or swimming body lotion.
I have also used this before wearing sheet masks as I feel that it helps the serum from the mask sink into my skin better - so I'm guessing that's what is meant by it's boosting properties - it also aids the efficacy of other skincare products.
I haven't used this as a mask on it's own - but I can't help but feel that this would make a perfect hydrating mask if your skin felt irritated or extra dry.
 
Thoughts
 
 
Lets look at the claims of this product:
 
* Hydration?  Absolutely! 100%. This is my main reason for using this product. I've recently bought some Hyaluronic Acid for extra hydration in my skincare routine, but in all honesty, I think this Aqua Ampoule has the edge over the HA. Not only does it give you an instant burst of extra hydration but that feeling is long-lasting too. I have no proof of this, but I feel that this hydration must penetrate reasonably deep into my skin as it helps me keep hydrated all day.
 
* Brightening? It's harder for me to attest to this because I also use niacinamide daily which is my most favoured way of brightening my skin and giving it that desired healthy glow. However, I'd say yes, that to an extent, this works reasonably well as a brightener. Everything about this product gives you a healthy complexion - it's just so fresh and clean - and that equates to a brightened face.
 
* Addressing fine lines and wrinkles? I'd have to say that this is something I've not noticed as a direct result of using this product. But it's hydration is not in question, so I'm assuming that would help plump my skin and therefore possibly temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. But hey! I have other products expressly for sorting out lines and wrinkles, so I can overlook this claim!
 
So there we have it - this is one product that I'm happy to keep in my skincare routine (even if I do end up getting hold of the Honey ampoule too!). It's sheer size means that I won't be able to avoid not keeping it around for a while. Although I did notice that it only has a 12 month shelf life - so maybe out of necessity I'll end up using it as more of a multi-purpose product in order to get through 250ml of it.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review