Unboxing ~ QVC Tili Box #5

 
It's been a great month for beauty subscription boxes!
 
Thanks God it's time for a new QVC Tili  (Try it Love it) box - this is box #5.
 
This is perhaps my favourite and best value subscription box. Just £20 with free P+P. So many full size products in here and there's not a dud amongst the choices. The QVC Tili box is seasonal - I've not worked out yet on what time scale they release them, but luckily there's plenty of warning on social media.
 
You can buy the Tili box here. It's still in stock at time of writing.
 
 
Loving this colour scheme of pink and yellow (since I'll be using the box for storage later!).
 
 
So here it is in all it's glory. I knew what the items were going to be, so no surprises (good or bad) but when you see them in their entirety you realise just how fantastic this box is. A nice mix of full size and decent travel sizes - bodycare, skincare, nails, perfume and lipsticks included.
 
 
* Rituals - The Ritual of Sakura Foaming Shower Gel (50ml)
I'll be honest, I'm a bit cheap when it comes to body care products - I'll usually buy whatever shower creams and body lotions are on offer at the time. But recently, I have tried to step it up a bit (well a little bit) by looking for interesting concoctions in TK Maxx and even stretching as far as The Body Shop. But this lovely gel-to-foam shower gel with a gorgeous cherry blossom fragrance convinces me yet further that I should start paying a little more attention to body care products. A full size (200ml) of this would cost £8.50.
 
 
* Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel (15ml)
Peels such as this as by far my favourite way of physical exfoliation as they are much more gentle than any of the scrubs. And this has Papaya in which is such a superstar ingredient in skincare. It also contains pineapple, vitamin E and marine algae (all great stuff). I used this for the first time yesterday morning and the results were very much the same as my beloved Body Shop Drops of Light resurfacing peel but minus the wet tissue/dead skin pilling effect and therefore minus the bits getting stuck to the fluffy hairs on my face!
* Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (10ml)
I can't help but roll my eyes ever so slightly when there's a Caudalie item as it's such a staple of beauty subscription boxes. But my interest piqued with this as it's a serum - and I love a good serum. Have yet to try this out.
 
 
* L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil (15ml)
Just look at that gorgeous vintage apothecary style label! This gorgeous smelling body oil is over 50% almond oil and also has camelina oil. I've only ever owned a L'Occitane hand cream and it certainly is a superior hand cream, so I'm expecting the same from this oil.
 
 
* Gatineau Floracil Plus Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover (118ml)
This looks half full in the picture but it's an oil-based eye make-up remover so it's actually just product separation.
I was a bit disappointed with this. I'm used to using micellar water to remove my eye make up, which does the job just fine. So I expected this to do the same, if not better than regular micellar water but it just didn't really do a great job.
 
 
* Shay & Blue Blood Orange eau de parfum (10ml)
If I were to create my very own perfume it would smell a lot like this. With a Top note of blood orange; heart notes of hot napa leather and base notes of musk, charred woods and amber - these are all the scents that make me swoon! When were in Seville earlier in the year I was looking out for an Orange scent to remind me of the city, but I didn't find anything. THIS is exactly what I was looking for. Gorgeous!
 
 
* Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick (1g) in Colada
Yay! My very first Tarte lipstick (albeit a teeny weeny one). The shade Colada is a gorgeous peachy-brown nude - just the type of shade I would have picked for myself. My only gripe about this is that they put a rather large barcode sticker over almost the entire length of the case and now the case is all sticky and picking up fluff and hair.
 
 
* Bareminerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolour (Full Size 4ml) in Juju
Absolutely gorgeous colour that I would have chosen for myself. It's a rosy-tinted nude. What's fantastic about this formula is that it applies like a classic moisturising lipstick but dries to a matte finish, but without being drying or accentuating any lines or dry patches on your lips.
 
 
* Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat (18ml)
I was probably least excited to see this item, but you know what? It's bloody brilliant! It's basically a nail-strengthener (always handy) but with a clear pink tint. Indoors, this has just a lovely healthy pink sheen to the it but I noticed that in daylight it shows up as an absolutely gorgeous shell-like pale pink.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review