Unboxing - Look Fantastic Beauty Box September - The Birthday Edit

 
 
Look Fantastic Beauty Box - £15 per month (on a month-to-month basis) with free P+P
 
I've never tried the Look Fantastic box before (but have been tempted) but when I saw other people unboxing this special (3rd) Birthday edit, I knew I had to have it!
I opted for the month-to-month subscription at £15 - although it gets slightly cheaper per month if you commit to a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription.
 
Missing from the photo is a large Elderflower-flavoured blue lollipop as my son nabbed it as soon as I opened the box (I did taste a bit of an un-licked corner though and it was very nice!). There was also a free copy of Elle Magazine (which reminded me why I don't buy print magazines anymore!)
 
What's in the box?
Total number of items = 7
 
 
 
* Eve Lom Cleanser and Muslin Cloth (20ml).
I absolutely LOVE this cleanser - the smell is heavenly and it's the perfect consistency for a balm cleanser (some are quite 'set' which mean that you have to dig into them quite a bit to get enough product - and no one likes diggy-fingered skin products). I'm super-loaded with cleansing balms at the moment, which isn't a problem as they are my favourite type of first cleanser. I know that the full price cost of this is £55 for 100ml so it's not an item I'd re-purchase due to the price.
 
* Christophe Robin Cleansing Volumizing Paste (40ml).
Again, the smell of this is out of this world. It's like Istanbul in a tub! A stunning rose smell, this paste also contains Rhassoul paste. I used this for the first time this morning but apart from the smell I don't think it's going to be a product I reach for too often. It does say that it can help volumise fine hair (which I don't need - if anything, my hair is a little too thick) and it didn't seem to have enough kick as a shampoo - maybe I should use a bit more next time.
 
 
* Decleor Hydra Floral Anti-pollution hydrating gel cream (15ml)
This sounded very promising as I do prefer gels to cream moisturiser, so I figured that this might be a nice compromise between the two for the Autumn. This is a very strongly-scented cream with Neroli (hurray) and Moringa (meh). I'm not a fan of the scent of Moringa as I think it's just a too over-powering sweet floral and therefore has a slightly pissy smell (sorry, but it does!). But it does have Centella Asiatica which is a great anti-inflammatory, so this makes up for the strong scent. It is, as I thought, a little creamier than I usually opt for, but not so much that it leaves me feeling oily.
 
 
* The Hikari Eye Shadow Quad in Tonya (full size) looked perfect to me as these are the sort of colours I would choose to wear everyday. The shades are called Buttercup, Amaretto, Pizzazz and Russet. It's a bit disappointing though as the colours aren't hugely pigmented and they did crease and wear off during the day.
* But the Look Fantastic Unicorn eye shadow brush is a real winner. Looks super cute and is a nice flat shadow brush which I've been using every day.
* And finally, the item that looked so wrong, but turned out to be my favourite, is the Illamasqua Mini Contouring Gel Sculpt (4g). It looks so dark that I really didn't think this would work. But the gel balm-like consistency makes this so easy to blend and actually the colour is perfect (it doesn't come out as dark as you think). I'd go so far as to say this is the best contour product I've ever used, the full size of 8g is £25.00 - a bit on the pricey side for me, but I do think I would repurchase this.
 
Here's hoping that next month's box can match up!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review