Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion Tonic Review

Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion


The product
 
Claims
 
* A gentle, non-oily herbal lotion to soothe and refresh tired, puffy eyes and remove light eye make up.
 
* Naturally active ingredients include the herb eyebright, witch hazel, aloe vera and cornflower to cool, soothe and revitalise tired eyes.
 
* Suitable for contact lens wearers.
 
Ingredients
 
 
Aqua (water), Hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, PEG-60 almond glycerides, Glycerin, Decyl glucoside, Centaurea cyanus (cornflower) flower extract, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Euphrasia officinalis extract, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric acid, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate.
 
See the Liz Earle website for a more thorough look at the benefits of the botanical ingredients.
 
 
Packaging
 
Plastic bottle with handy twist-up lid which is great for dispensing just the right amount of product.
 
 
 
The application
 
I've been using this both morning and night.
Applied to a cotton wool pad and gently swept over eyelids and lashes and eye contour area.
You can also use this as a compress soak by saturating two cotton wool pads and placing them over eyes for 5 to ten minutes. I haven't actually tried this as I felt that my past experience with aloe vera in products wouldn't make for a particularly revitalising or soothing experience for me personally.
 
Thoughts

Sadly, this feels like yet another product where I wish they would just make up their minds what they want to achieve instead of making it a multi-tasker where the results are nebulous and don't really give any real satisfaction. I rarely find that the items that are billed as multi-taskers get it right, whereas single-intention products often have surprising and welcome multi-uses!
I wouldn't actually buy an eye lotion - I feel that my eye treatments and eye creams will do the job I expect of them. (Just to note, I didn't purchase this - I won it in a competition so it's not something I would have chosen to buy.)
As an eye make up remover I feel that this is pretty useless! To be fair, it does state that it's for light eye make up removal - however, even after double-cleansing with an oil and foam cleanser it still didn't remove the remaining traces of eye make up very well. I felt like I had to scrub somewhat, and that's obviously never a good thing around the delicate eye area.
Personally, I wouldn't use this for an eye mask either due to it's inclusion of aloe vera (which can actually irritate my skin rather than soothe it) but that's just a personal preference.
I do find the only way it suits me is to sweep across the eye area after I've already taken off my eye maker. So really, it's quite an obsolete product for me personally.
Also of note is the scent. I'm not sure if it's the eyebright or another of the botanical scents but the scent is actually quite off-putting. It's hard to explain what exactly is smells of - but it's a rather cloying, almost plastic-y smell.
This is my first Liz Earle product (although I have yet to try her famous Hot cloth cleanser which I have a smaller size bottle of waiting to use) and it wasn't a great introduction to the brand. I won't repurchase and possibly won't even finish using.
 
Price and where to buy
RRP: £15.00 for 150ml
Liz Earle Website

Ratings - the 3Ps

Packaging: 4/5
Performance: 1/5
Price: 3/5

Overall rating: 2.5/5
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review