Weekly Make Up Bag #9

Last week's items were mostly chosen to see whether I wanted to keep or de-clutter.
I ended up keeping the Hikari eye shadow quad but decided to de-clutter the Pop Beauty eye shadow trio as it was just too chalky and shimmery for me. I also already thought that I might end up de-cluttering the Bobbi Brown cream eye shadow stick but I wanted to give it one last chance. It only took one use for me to realise that this cream stick just wasn't for me.
Another switcheroo was the Touch in Sol foundation that I only bought last week online. I loved the concept and the application but it was just far too light for me, so I swapped it for my Missha BB Cream.
 

* CC Crème - New - Erborian - I received this as one of my Latest in Beauty choices last week. It's a pretty amazing product and conceals, brightens, primes and blurs pores all in one go. This is my first CC Crème and I admit that some of the 'alphabet creams' are confusing to me, so I was glad to get the chance to try one out.
 
* Foundation - Old - Missha Perfect Cover B.B Cream - Korean BB creams tend to have a much better coverage than western brands. This Missha BB Cream has great coverage and applies really well but I think the shade I chose (No.21) is a little too light for me. If I repurchased then I would choose the next shade up.
 
* Concealer - Old - Inglot - Still ploughing through this!
 
* Colour Corrector - New - Nip + Fab - I've been using this for a few weeks. It makes a slight bit of difference in toning down any redness, but doesn't get rid of it entirely. I think the Erborian CC Crème does a better job.
 
* Powder - Old - L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Powder - another week's inclusion for this powder.
 
* Blusher - Old/Fave - Nars in 'Orgasm' - This blusher works well with the Laguna bronzer.
 
* Bronzer - Fave - Nars Laguna Cream Stick - I've felt and looked so washed out and pale recently so I decided it was time to break out the bronzer! I love Nars Laguna - blends really well with my new paddle brush from the Look Fantastic March box.
 
* Contour (not pictured) - Fave - Make Up Revolution Contour Palette - another week for this too. I've started to use the yellow powder that's in the palette as an under-eye powder. It doesn't do a brilliant job at covering dark circles but it's reasonably brightening.
 
* Highlighter - Fave - Sleek Highlighter Palette in Cleopatra's kiss - love the gold tones in this palette.
 
* Eye Shadow Palette - Old - Makeup Revolution - Flawless 2 Palette - I feel like I've been eschewing everyday palettes recently for more snazzier ones! This palette is great for creating a range of everyday wearable looks.
 
* Mascara - Old - Rodial Glamolash - Getting a bit bored with this now. It doesn't appear to be running out anytime soon but I've noticed I get a lot of fall out and smudging with this, so may just de-clutter it at the end of this week.
 
 
 
Makeup Revolution Flawless 2 Palette
 
This is not a particularly thrilling palette but it's steady and reliable - good pigmentation, long-lasting wear and great value! Lots of choices for simple everyday looks.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review