Unboxing ~ Look Fantastic Beauty Box March 2018

Always very happy to receive my Look Fantastic Beauty Box and it's one where I intentionally avoid seeing any 'sneak peeks' as I'm usually delighted with the contents every month.
In the past, I've tended to 'go off' a beauty subscription box after a few months as they always seem to get weaker. Not so with the Look Fantastic box, but there have been a couple where I haven't been as excited at first glance.
 
I'm going to rate this beauty box a little differently this month - giving a first impressions/excitement score for when you first open the box and a score for the design of the box, as I've realised that this actually has more of an impact on me than I thought it did. Also, I'm going to score each item for their desirability level and also a score for their performance after first use (I won't be scoring items I haven't tried out yet)!
 
Here's this month's box!
 
 
Box Design - 2/5 - I think I prefer the usual plainer boxes than this design-oriented box.
 
 
Free copy of this month's Elle Magazine and the Look Fantastic booklet.
 
 
The Reveal!
Excitement Score - 4/5
A good mix of make up and skincare and a foot mask.
 
 
Renu Skin Advanced Anti-Aging Flash Relax Mask
Excitement score: 2/5
Performance: 0/5
A low score for this on first glance, purely because I've tried Monu/Renu products before and have never been too impressed with them. An even lower score after trying the product out. I should have read the ingredients before use as this mask's second listed ingredient is Aloe (which I don't take well)! The mask was a clear gel, which is unlike any mask I've tried before. It warned of tingling - which could have been worse for me because of my skin's irritation to Aloe. This mask was terrible for me! It gave me an angry, red spot under my eye and made another sore spot above my lip. Will definitely not be using this one again!
 
 
Skimono Beauty Masks - Foot Mask
Excitement Score: 4/5
I've previously used a Skimono hand mask, and while I can't remember being totally wowed by it, I do remember that it was a nice self-care routine at the time.
I'm looking forward to using this foot mask (although I wish it were one of those peeling feet masks!). Unfortunately, it's just far too cold at the moment for me to consider putting my bare feet into bags of cool liquid! Roll on non-sock/slipper wearing weather!
 
 
Onto the make up selection:
 
Stylondon - Oval Face Brush
Excitement Score: 4/5
Performance: 5/5
I do love a good paddle-style make up brush. I used this to blend out my Nars Laguna cream stick bronzer and it gave a much better application than just using my fingers.
 
 
 
Doucce - Freematic Eye Shadow Duo in 'Kate' and 'Tenley'.
Excitement Score: 4/5
Performance: 3/5
I've heard of the brand Doucce before but have never tried them. These two mini eye shadows come from the Freematic Eye System. On the site (which is American) you pick a custom quad, featuring an empty magnetic palette and four shades for $35.00.
The single eye shadows are absolutely tiny! They do have magnetic bases (need to get myself an empty palette) and are covered with tiny sliding clear plastic lids. The colour choice was luckily right up my street.
They were reasonably pigmented on first try and did last the whole day, but I felt they lacked a bit of oomph in general. I think the pigmentation let them down slightly. 
 
 
Skin Chemists - Rose Quartz Lip Plump
Excitement Score: 4/5
Performance: 4/5
 I've recently been trialling some Ioma Lip Lift treatment which has been very impressive and I was expecting this to be a cream-based product too. But it's a lip plumper in a lip gloss style. The gel is a lovely shimmery pink colour (to reflect the Rose Quartz element) but it doesn't leave any pink tint on your lips. It has that usual plumping 'menthol' tingle on application. A slight off-putting element is that it smells quite strongly of a chemical mouthwash but luckily this scent (or taste) doesn't linger.
Compared with the Ioma Lip Lift, this doesn't visibly plump my lips as much but it does make them hydrated and has a nice shine without being sticky or tacky, so does make a good pre-lipstick product.
 
 
And the item I was most excited about!
Omorovicza Balancing Moisturiser
Excitement: 5/5
Performance: 5/5
This is a generous 30ml sample. It comes in a gorgeous frosted glass bottle. The moisturiser is a light gel-cream which I much prefer over heavier creams. The first thing you notice is the amazing scent - I thought I could detect Lavender but after checking the ingredients, there's no Lavender listed but there are a whole host of fruit extracts including Mango, Plum, Banana, Acerola and Apple. I noticed too that Squalane is the fourth ingredient, which is great news as Squalane is something my skin loves.
The moisturiser is said to minimise pores, provide long-lasting hydration and minimise the appearance of fine lines and imperfections.
There's a definite brightening of the skin after use and my skin felt soothed (I used this after a derma-rolling session) soft and moisturised.
A 50ml bottle of this costs £85, so this 30ml bottle is worth a whopping £51.00.
Definitely the star of this month's show.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review