Weekly Make Up Bag #8

Two months in already with this weekly make-up bag project!
But I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the palettes I've still yet to include - so much product and not enough face!!
 
 
Here's this week's selection. Heavy on the Nars (but why the hell not?!) and a bit random with the eye make up choices...

* Foundation - NEW - Touch in Sol Flawless Skin Top Coat - immediately after applying this morning (on the first day of using this choices) I made the decision to pass this on already (see reasons below). Will replace with another High Street foundation from my stash.
 
* Concealer - Old - Inglot - Still trying to use this up...
 
* Powder - Old -  L'Oreal True Match - Kept this in from last week.
 
* Contour - Old/Fave - Makeup Revolution Contour Palette - Another week for this too.
 
 * Highlighter - Old/Fave - Nars Highlighting Stick in Copacabana - a lovely rose champagne cream - very easy to blend with fingers.

* Blush - Old/Fave - Nars Highlighting Blush in New Order (see below).

* Mascara - Old - Rodial  Glamolash - I'm going to try and finish this up this week or even declutter it if it's not empty.

* Lipstick - New - Kiko Milano 02 from the Free Soul Collection

* Eyeshadows:
All are old/hardly used.
* Hikari Quad in Tonya.
* Pop Beauty - Eyeshadow Trio in Champagne Mocha
* Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune - was gifted this last year but I'm not a huge fan of the colour or the longevity - this tends to collect in the creases. Will use this week to see if I want to keep or de-clutter.
* ByTerry - Cream Eye Shadow in Ombre Blackstar - this is an amazing colour (black/brown metallic flip) but again this tends to collect in the crease as the day wears on. I'm always amazed at how the black and brown seem to separate when applied to make the ombre effect.
 

 
I really could slap myself! Considering all the procrastination about whether to buy the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation or the Clinique Even Better foundation - what did I go and do?
A serious case of FOMO had me blindly, without a second glance, buying this Touch in Sol Flawless Skin Top Coat in the shade 'Light'. I bought it online with no testing or even having a good idea what the shade 'Light' looked like!
This is an Ampoule/Primer/CC Cream/Foundation and Powder all in one! The formula is pretty great actually and I would say it's a medium coverage BUT it's just too light for me and makes me looked very washed out. So, after only a couple of tries, I've decided to pass this on.
I did think I would persevere with it (hence the inclusion in this week's make up bag) but this morning's application convinced me to step away from the too-light foundation.
 
 
Nars Highlighting Blusher in New Order 
I love this concept - a blusher and highlighter in one. The shade New Order is a lilac tone with golden shimmer - doesn't sound great on paper and I would never usually choose a lilac blusher but this one works so well.

 
Kiko Milano Lipstick - Break Free Brick from the new Free Soul range.
I swatched this in store last week and instantly fell in love with the shade - it's the perfect brick red lipstick with a slight terracotta tint - just what I was looking for. I didn't buy it immediately as to be honest, I just think that Kiko prices are too high for the product, knock £3.00 of each price and I probably wouldn't hesitate but I don't think this warrants the £10.90 price tag (I don't personally put Kiko on the same level as L'Oreal for example, and you won't pay much past £8.00 for a L'Oreal lipstick).
However, I couldn't stop thinking about this shade, so I did go back and buy it. It's a pretty heavy matte which isn't drying but doesn't have particularly great lasting-power. And worse still, it disappears from the centre first. If a product isn't going to be long-wearing, I'd always prefer that it fades uniformly. But it's the perfect red for me and I couldn't find any shade like it from the High Street brands (most were pinky reds and they really don't suit me).

 
These are the two eye shadows I'm using this week. They were both from beauty subscription boxes and I've not really touched them. I used the Pop Beauty trio for a while when I got it but I remember not being too impressed with the quality of the Hikari quad. I'll decide at the end of the week if I want to keep or de-clutter.
 
 
And finally - a bit of a Pan Watch update.
It's not clear from the picture but I think I'm just about to hit pan on my most-used contour shade from the Makeup Revolution contour palette (second in at the bottom).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review