Spacemasks Review

I picked up a box of five Space Masks last summer when there was so much hype about them online.

 
 
You can buy a box of 5 Spacemasks for £15 plus P+P HERE
 
You can also buy an individual Spacemask for £3.50 from Lobella Loves
 
My interest was initially piqued when I kept reading in reviews the magic sentence "...helped me fall into a deep and satisfying sleep..."
 
I Love Sleeping! And I'm good at it too!
I'm very grateful not to be one of those people that have sleep problems. But there are several occasions when I know that I have to get up at silly o'clock in the morning (generally to go on a very long drive somewhere) and that seems to be the only time when I suffer sleep problems. You think so hard about having to wake up soon that you don't fall asleep and then when the alarm goes off, you feel terrible and not in the best state for a long drive or busy day.
 
So I bought these masks for those occasions where I really needed to have had a good sleep the night before a very early start.
 

 
I tried the first mask out one afternoon when it wouldn't matter if I fell into a deep sleeping during the day.
The mask does warm up instantly, as soon as you remove it from it's individual packaging.
The mask contains iron filings which react with oxygen to give a warming effect. The masks are also infused with Jasmine, but not terribly noticeably.
 
There are two ear loops and the over-sized eye mask fits comfortably and reasonably securely.
Very quickly, after noticing the soothing warming sensation, I felt myself going to 'another level'. I think Space Masks is a great name, as this feeling was almost interstellar (in my imaginings!) as I felt a pleasurable and calming faint pulsating sensation.
And then into an incredibly deeply relaxed state (the sort of state I've tried to master before with meditation and mindfulness but have not been able to achieve!).

 
 
I wish I'd taken note of the time because after a while (possibly 15 minutes - I don't think it was too long) - suddenly ZING! I was awake and alert - extremely calm and relaxed but definitely wide awake. I immediately thought back to what I had experienced and realised that there had been nothing - no busy thoughts running through my mind, no external interruptions - just 'gone' for that period of time. Which is actually the oddest feeling - but a positive one.
I lay for a while, wondering if I would actually drop off to sleep - but no doubt about it, I was definitely fully awake and didn't feel likely that I would start snoozing anytime soon.
 
I also gave my husband a mask to try out as he suffers from sinus problems and his eyes can be affected. Other reviews have mentioned that these masks are great for tired and strained eyes so I was hoping he'd get some kind of release and relief.
Like myself, he was awake after about fifteen minutes - feeling relaxed but he said that it didn't really do much for him.

 
 
So the next time, I used one at night in a hotel when I knew that we had to be up mega early for a busy day.
I got exactly the same results as before. But unfortunately, after about fifteen minutes I was fully awake and alert and feeling slightly cheated that I hadn't just fallen into a deep and lasting sleep. I did eventually fall asleep naturally but it wasn't any better quality sleep and I felt disappointed with that.
 
The other two masks I just used for relaxation. The sensations and time span have never differed - I think it was my expectations that were at odds.
 
For intense relaxation, if just for a short period, I would totally recommend these. But, I would say, don't expect these to be miracle workers for a long and deep nights sleep. Other reviewers have reported experiencing this, but it just didn't work in that way or me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review